How to book our romantic cottages for two
1. You can book online from your computer or mobile phone/iPhone etc
This is easy! Either click on the red Book Online button on the right (choose Tom’s Barn or Douglas’s Barn) OR hover your mouse over the Availability sign above and click on barn you want.
2. You can telephone us on +44 (0)1335 390 519
If we are there we will always be delighted to speak to you; if we are out, please leave a message and we will ring you back as soon as possible.
3. You can email us on email@example.com
We will reply as soon as possible.
However, first of all:
- Decide which barn you’d prefer. If you want to bring a dog with you, it must be Tom’s Barn…
- Decide when you would like stay here. If you can be flexible in your dates, so much the better!
Things to bear in mind:
- The usual start/changeover day is Friday but Monday to Monday weeks are also possible
- Each barn only sleeps 2 (sharing a bed)
- We warmly welcome ‘singles’
- We warmly welcome babies if completely immobile!
- Neither barn is suitable for toddlers or children or any adult of unsure mobility
- We accept advance bookings for short breaks for dates from October to the end of March only
- Short breaks go from Fri to Mon (3 nights) or Mon to Fri (4 nights)
- Both short breaks cost the same, i.e. approximately 70% of the weekly rate
1. To book online
1. Click on Check Availability or Book for the barn you’d like to book.
- Is the date you want coloured green? If so, it is available; if it is red, the dates are already booked.
- If it’s booked:
- Would the other barn do instead?
- Will another date do instead?
2. Click on the date you decide on.
- The starting day of the dates you are booking is coloured green with a purple line on the top.
- The start day for a short break is green with the purple line on the top with a yellow line underneath.
3. A box will pop up called ‘Your date selection’.
- Pull down the number of nights you wish to book
- Then on the next page of your date selection say whether the booking is for 1 or 2 adults
4. Click the blue BOOK NOW box
5. Check the details then click Place booking (proceed to secure server)
6. Before you can book you must click Agree to the Terms and Conditions. Please read them carefully before you do so. There is nothing startling or unexpected there, but a booking is a contract between us both and it is important that you understand and accept the expectations. *See Holiday Cancellation Insurance below…
7. Fill in the Booking Request Form
8. Decide how to pay the deposit (or full amount if booking within six weeks of the start date) Please note we will not take any payment until we have confirmed your booking with you.
- Internet transfer
- Debit/credit card
You will receive an automated email response acknowledging receipt of your booking request form. Your booking will remain provisional until you hear from us that we are able to confirm it.
- All being well you will soon hear from us that your booking is confirmed.
2. To book by telephone
- Please ring us on +44 (0)1335 390 519; if we are not in please leave a (clear!) message.
- If you haven’t heard from us within an hour or two, please email, or ideally, ring the 01335 590 519 landline again and/or our mobile 07813 68 68 99 as the lines might be down, or we might be away briefly from the house.
3. To book by email
- Check availability on our website if possible
- Send an email with the dates etc you want. We will reply to say if the dates are available.
- Then we will agree what you will do next,
How to Pay
- By credit or debit card:
- You fill in your card details, which we then put through our machine.
- After the payment is processed the numbers are masked, so you will have to send them again when the time comes to pay the balance.
- By Internet bank transfer (Ask us for our bank details if you do not have them)
- Through PayPal – please note that you do not need a PayPal account for this.
Email and Telephone Bookings
- By debit/credit card over the phone
- Internet bank transfer
Last minute availability
In the rare instance of a last minute booking, we would expect an immediate credit/debit card payment of the full amount before your arrival
2013 Prices in Detail
|For all Weeks From Friday||To the week begining Friday||Price for a WEEK||Fri-Mon, Mon-Fri short breaks?||Price for a SHORT BREAK||Season|
|Jan 4th||Jan 25th||£475||Yes||£330||LOW|
|Feb 1st||Mar 22nd||£550||Yes||£385||MID|
|Mar 29th||Sep 27th||£655||No||N/A||NORMAL|
|Oct 4th||Nov 29th||£550||Yes||£385||MID|
|Dec 6th||Dec 13th||£475||Yes||£330||LOW|
|Dec 20th||Dec 27th||£655||No||N/A||NORMAL|
|Low & Mid Season Weeks can start on either a Monday or Friday|
|Returning guests will have (approx) 5% off the price for a week|
|All 2014 holidays booked in 2013 will only be charged 2013 prices|
Returning Guests Discount
We continue to give all returning guests approximately 5% off the current fee.
October to March inclusive we offer 3 or 4-night short breaks, which can be booked in advance.
3 nights: Fri/Sat/Sun nights. 4 nights: Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs nights.
April to September inclusive Short breaks are not normally possible. However, there are two exceptions: 1. If the week in question is still free 4 weeks before the start date short breaks are possible. 2. If a short break gap is created by two weekly books on either side of the gap (one a Monday to Monday week, the other a Friday to Friday week, then that short break thus created is available for booking in advance, as soon as it is created.
The price for short breaks, when available, is approximately 70% of the rate for the relevant week, rounded up or down as seems simplest so we’re not dealing in fractions.
*Holiday Cancellation Insurance
We strongly recommend taking out insurance against your having to cancel your booking due to some unforeseen situation arising. The full fee is still due (and not refundable if already paid) unless we are able to re-let the dates. We will always try our hardest to do so, possibly at a discounted rate, but cannot guarantee that we will be successful. To avoid the possibility of mutual embarrassment and hardship we strongly advise you consider taking out cancellation insurance unless you are prepared to take the risk. Any insurance firm should be able to provide this. If it would help we can provide information about the Pavey Group UK Holiday Protection Plan (which is a preferential scheme for Premier Cottage guests) or you can download a PDF version yourself – see the link.
And after all this we do hope you will enjoy your holiday here!