We do appreciate all your comments but, particularly in this case, about where you’ve enjoyed (or not) eating; they can be very helpful for future guests planning their stay.
Here are some recent comments from our guests about some of the local pubs and eateries:
- Good food (iffy service) at the Druid, great food and service at the George in Alstonefield. Also the farm shop at the George has excellent soup and snacks for those on long walks passing through the village. (April 2010)
- The village pub and shop was very accommodating. The Bluebell Inn (Tissington) was very good, the Old Gate at Brassington – very good meal, friendly staff but a bit dark and smokey. (April 2010)
- The George (Alstonefield) well worth a visit, as is Ye Olde Gate Inn (Brassington) as both allow dogs in the pub. The George’s food was the best.
- The ‘steak and stilton pie’ from the butcher’s in Tissington was fantastic. (March 2010)
- The butchers in Tissington is as great as ever and provided us with a hearty meal each evening. We ate out once at the Druid’s Inn and while it was OK it wasn’t as good as we’d hoped and been told by friends and family. In contrast the Old Gate at Brassington seems to be doing well despite the fact it remains on the market after a couple of years! (Feb 2010)
- Lovely good value meals at the Royal Oak, Hurdlow and the Coach and Horses, Fenny Bentley and beautiful walks along Dovedale and around Tissington. We recommend White Peak butchers at Tissington and the delicious cakes upstairs at the Carsington Visitors’ Centre. (Feb 2010)