We’ve succumbed. We daily turn away so many hopeful people who want unavailable dates, we couldn’t believe we’d find ourselves with a midweek break absolutely nobody at all seems to want…!
Maybe it’s been a battle of nerves, with someone out there waiting to see if we’d drop the price. Well, we have! We have reduced it by £40 to £305. If it doesn’t go, John and I are proposing to do a bit of hands on quality control (does that entitle us to write a review on TripAdvisor? Most certainly not, I’d say).
We have tried out both barns, but several years ago now. We have made many changes since then – all to the good, we fondly hope, but as one of our guests very rightly pointed out, you can only guess – you cannot know – how convenient or how comfortable something is until you have actually experienced it personally.
However, don’t let our good intentions put anyone off booking next week. If the dates go (and the weather had been quite beautiful for the past week) we will make a point of booking in for a short break in both of our very popular cottages for two in the winter once we have some more gaps.