Orchard Farm Green Policy
We are concerned about the environment and our effect on it.
When we converted our very decrepit redundant farm buildings, our vision was to restore the lovely limestone buildings as sympathetically as possible and to offer exceptional self-catering accommodation within the beautiful Peak District National Park whilst making a minimal impact on the environment and local wildlife.
Our environmental commitment was originally to ensure that we:
- Protect the area we live in
- Preserve the wildlife habitat
- Become legislatively compliant
- Reduce operating costs
- Enhance our reputation and indirectly that of the whole area
- Support local individuals, tradesmen, shops and suppliers
- Continue actively to support local community activities and charities
- Are committed to improving our policy and actions constantly
Since then we have implemented a waste and recycling policy, a more efficient storage system for rain water, a transport and purchasing policy and many energy saving initiatives. We will do more!
As a small business we are aware that our activities can cause harm to the environment and we take steps to minimise this effect. We encourage our guests to be ‘green’ during their stay and we ensure that information and facilities are on hand to make this easy.
We constantly strive to manage Orchard Farm and our own lives in the most energy-efficient way.
John and Marion Fuller-Sessions
Last Updated 19 March 2012